Re: [Fortran] where is -lfrtbegin?

In article <3CF288CD.F180D2A7@moene.indiv.nluug.nl> you write:
>Obviously, you have evidence that including a main program in a shared
>library is not a problem - do you think I should revert the
>libfrtbegin.a thingie ?

Somewhat late answer, catching up on this mailing list.

Turns out that the main symbol is not a problem.
The problem is that the main symbol from the Fortran library wants to
call MAIN__.
And that's the issue, since that symbol isn't going to exist unless your
main routine is Fortran.

Some linkers don't care. Recent ELF binutils want to resolve the library
completely, and complain about a missing MAIN__.