This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: floating point war casualty list
- From: Roman Lechtchinsky <rl at cs dot tu-berlin dot de>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Stephen L Moshier <steve at moshier dot net>, Tim Prince <tprince at computer dot org>, Paul Koning <pkoning at equallogic dot com>, apl at alum dot mit dot edu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 09:53:38 +0200 (MET DST)
- Subject: Re: floating point war casualty list
On Wed, 29 May 2002, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> Unpack, please: are you saying that real.c's implementation of single
> precision VAX_FLOAT_FORMAT is (incorrectly) identical with what it
> does under IEEE_FLOAT_FORMAT?
Yes, that's true, except for infinities and nans. There is even a comment
saying "DEC float is the same as IEEE float".