This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: floating point war casualty list
- From: Tim Prince <tprince at computer dot org>
- To: Stephen L Moshier <steve at moshier dot net>,Paul Koning <pkoning at equallogic dot com>
- Cc: <apl at alum dot mit dot edu>, <zack at codesourcery dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 19:27:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: floating point war casualty list
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: tprince at computer dot org
On Tuesday 28 May 2002 18:43, Stephen L Moshier wrote:
> > The F format is wrong
> > in my tests, don't know why yet.
> VAX single precision is IEEE format.
No, the exponent bias is different, sub-normals, infinities, NaN's weren't