Re: New port (ip2k)

Denis Chertykov writes:
> I want to commit new port. It's a very fast 8bit micro controller developed by
> UBICOM. (UBICOM hire me for work on ip2k port)
> I will maintain ip2k and avr ports.

You're in MAINTAINERS, so clearly you have papers on file.  But is there a
disclaimer or assignment from UBICOM on file?  (since the port is a "work
made for hire", they would have a claim on the code).

> Can I commit config/ip2k/* files without approval ?

I think that approval is required; in fact, the SC has to formally accept
new ports, although usually that is just a formality.  Once this is done
and you are named maintainer, you can make changes to config/ip2k/...
without approval.  But the SC needs to vote to accept the port and name
you as the maintainer.

> All files outside config/ip2k/ will be commited only with approval.

Of course.