This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Successful build of gcc-3.1 (ObjC) on Irix6.5
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at rainbow dot studorg dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:07:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: Successful build of gcc-3.1 (ObjC) on Irix6.5
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 02:46:57PM +0200, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> I successfully built and installed gcc-3.1 Objective C on an IndigoII and
> an Indy, both running Irix6.5. Don't forget to increase systune ncargs,
> the value stays increased even after a reboot.
> If you want to use threads, you have to configure --enable-threads=posix
> Threads do work, but you have to link EVERY Objective C file with
> -lpthread (even the ones which do not thread)!
> To run the testsuite, it would be necessary to pass -lpthread to the
> compiler, is that possible?
> $ config.guess
> $ gcc -v
> Reading specs from /usr/local/gcc31/lib/gcc-lib/mips-sgi-irix6.5/3.1/specs
> Configured with: ../gcc-3.1/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc31
> --disable-multilib --enable-threads=posix
> Thread model: posix
> gcc version 3.1
> I only installed C and Objective C
> $ uname -a
> IRIX HOSTNAME 6.5 07201610 IP22 mips
Thanks! Your message is linked from the GCC 3.1 build status list at