From: Chenfu Wang [mailto:Chenfu.Wang@teraflops.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 28 May 2002 10:37
To: gcc@gnu.org
Subject: gcj was successfully compiled in cygwin. But it complains
libgcj.spec wasn't found

HighGuys:

I used the following configurations to compile the latest cvs source from
CVS tree downloaded just last Friday, 24/05/2002

../gcc/configure --enable-threads=posix --enable-language=c++,java --enable-
libgcj

I didn't use --prefix.
Then I follow the instructions online
$make bootstrap
$make
$make install

Well, at least I see gcj and its version is 3.2.

But , when I just type gcj, it says:
gcj:libgcj.spec: No such file or directory

I try to export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib ( I found libgcj.spec in
there )
It doesn't help!

Second try is copy the libfcj.spec into my current directory. It compiles
java file. However , when I run the compiled binary HelloWorld,
assertion "!(addr & FLAGS)" failed: file
"../../gcc/libjava/java/lang/natObject.cc", line 772
Aborted (core dumped)

Any suggestions!

Regards!!:-|
Chenfu