Re: [Fortran] where is -lfrtbegin?

Well, the original author of the "shared libf2c library" patch wrote me:

> WRT to frtbegin : there is no frtbegin.c.
> To support shared libraries, the libF77/main.c must not be linked into
> the archive because it contains a main() entrypoint. So I compile main.c
> but save the object as frtbegin.o and modified the g77 driver program to
> put a frtbegin.o on the commandline if you want to link a Fortran main
> program.

Because I'm not well versed at shared libraries and their limitations I
left it that way, until we discovered that you cannot link main programs
written in other languages than Fortran with Fortran code this way.
Hence the libfrtbegin.a library, which solves *that* problem.

Obviously, you have evidence that including a main program in a shared
library is not a problem - do you think I should revert the
libfrtbegin.a thingie ?

Thanks in advance,