This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: obseleting VMS ports?
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: <neroden at doctormoo dot dyndns dot org>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 18:15:23 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: obseleting VMS ports?
On Mon, 27 May 2002, Richard Kenner wrote:
> I'd like to suggest that all the *-*-vms* targets be obseleted, unless
> people can provide accurate reports that they have 3.x-series gcc
> running and working for a particular target, and that they're
> actually using it.
> Alpha/VMS is being very heavily worked on by Doug Rupp at ACT. It is
> working quite well. ACT has a contract with Compaq (now HP) to port
> GNAT (including GCC) to IA64/VMS.
The VMS documentation (vms.texi, install-old.texi (if the VMS docs in
there are obsolete, they should be removed, and current VMS install
documentation put in install.texi), gcc.hlp) has shown little sign of this
Should VAX/VMS be obsoleted as a host or target?
Joseph S. Myers