Re: obseleting VMS ports?

On Mon, 27 May 2002, Richard Kenner wrote:

>     I'd like to suggest that all the *-*-vms* targets be obseleted, unless
>     people can provide accurate reports that they have 3.x-series gcc
>     running and working for a particular target, and that they're
>     actually using it.
>
> Alpha/VMS is being very heavily worked on by Doug Rupp at ACT.  It is
> working quite well.  ACT has a contract with Compaq (now HP) to port
> GNAT (including GCC) to IA64/VMS.

The VMS documentation (vms.texi, install-old.texi (if the VMS docs in
there are obsolete, they should be removed, and current VMS install
documentation put in install.texi), gcc.hlp) has shown little sign of this
work.

Should VAX/VMS be obsoleted as a host or target?

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk