This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: obseleting VMS ports?
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Cc: neroden at doctormoo dot dyndns dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 09:54:47 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: obseleting VMS ports?
> I'd like to suggest that all the *-*-vms* targets be obseleted, unless
> people can provide accurate reports that they have 3.x-series gcc
> running and working for a particular target, and that they're
> actually using it.
> Alpha/VMS is being very heavily worked on by Doug Rupp at ACT. It is
> working quite well. ACT has a contract with Compaq (now HP) to port
> GNAT (including GCC) to IA64/VMS.
It would be easier to keep track of live ports if interested parties would
post "build success" messages, and testresults where applicable (I don't
know if the dejagnu framework can run on VMS though).