This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Solaris 64-bit compilation fails with otherwise successfulgcc-3.1
- From: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- To: George dot R dot Goffe at seagate dot com
- Cc: aydiner at empc22 dot ece dot uiuc dot edu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 12:54:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Solaris 64-bit compilation fails with otherwise successfulgcc-3.1
On Sun, 26 May 2002 George.R.Goffe@seagate.com wrote:
> I think the path /usr/lib/64 is an IRIX phenonema, don't you mean
On my Solaris 8 box, the latter is a symlink to the former (or the other
way around, I don't remember).
Anyhow, in the OP's case, it turns out that "gcc -m64 -static" indeed does
not work because it fails to find a compatible libc.a. I don't know what
the fix is.