This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: the floating point carnage
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Stephen L Moshier <steve at moshier dot net>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 14:07:14 -0400
- Subject: Re: the floating point carnage
What about Stephen's concern that the changes were made without a
plan for FP correctness? The work had a plan for simplification and
consistency in the compiler, which is very helpful. Where was volunteer
expertise in compiler FP numerical analysis taken into account?