Re: [Fortran] where is -lfrtbegin?

Toon Moene said:
> "Steven G. Kargl" wrote:
>
> > I have searched both the stock GCC in FreeBSD-5.x and
> > gcc-3.1 and I cannot find a file with the string "frtb"
> > in it.  So, what is -lfrtbegin?  Where is it located?
> > How does one disable the use of -lfrtbegin?
>
> On my recent build of 3.2 (I do not have a 3.1 cvs tree handy)
> libfrtbegin.a lives in /usr/snp/lib (I configured with
> --prefix=/usr/snp):

Thanks, Toon.  I have found the problem.  It seems that
libF77/main.o was split out of libg2c.a and placed in
libfrtbegin.a.  The merge of gcc 3.1 into the FreeBSD
tree did catch this change.  So, FreeBSD either needs
to edit g77spec.c to remove the dependence on libfrtbegin.a
or split main.o out into a new library.

Why was main.o split out into a separate library?  The
ChangeLog entry for libfrtbegin.a doesn't contain
any info about why this change was required.

--
Steve
http://troutmask.apl.washington.edu/~kargl/