This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: alpha floating point broken
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Stephen L Moshier <steve at moshier dot net>
- Cc: zack at codesourcery dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 18:34:26 -0700
- Subject: Re: alpha floating point broken
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 08:16:33AM -0400, Stephen L Moshier wrote:
> Since ASM_OUTPUT_DOUBLE has been deleted,
> how do you propose to switch between VAX and IEEE data structures now?
You have to do it with a run-time configurable TARGET_FLOAT_FORMAT.
Which we don't have.
And which we didn't have before either, so VAX floating point didn't
actually work properly. In particular, any time you played with
So we've only traded brokenness.