This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
the floating point carnage
- From: Stephen L Moshier <steve at moshier dot net>
- To: <zack at codesourcery dot com>, <rth at redhat dot com>, <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 18:11:23 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: the floating point carnage
This is a train wreck. It will take _years_ to discover and repair the
damage from these careless changes to things that were not broken.
You have not added any new feature. You have not fixed anything, you
have only broken things. I think you need to revert all those fp
patches -- real.h, varasm.c, fold-const.c, etc. All of it. Everything.
If you want to make true improvements, develop a thoughtful
plan and get some people with appropriate knowledge to work on it,
instead of this reckless, lunatic ransacking.