This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.2 PATCH: Fully support parallel gnat1/gnatbind builds
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- Cc: Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM, fw at deneb dot enyo dot de, dewar at gnat dot com,gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu,ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE, zack at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 16:50:37 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: 3.2 PATCH: Fully support parallel gnat1/gnatbind builds
> > Maybe the alternative is to be able to decide at configure time whether
> > to turn on -gnatg or not. That way, users of older compilers could still
> > build, but they would see unrecognized pragmas warnings.
> -gnatg is required for building the compiler.
Too bad: it appears that two theoretically independent notions were
combined: treating warnings as errors, and enabling maintainer mode.