Re: RegRegname vs. Explicit Local Register Variables ...

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 10:05:47PM -0400, Craig Newell wrote:
>   1. Prevent regrename from renaming arguments to asm blocks just like
>      it knows not to rename arguments to calls.  This could be all
>      arguments or just ones with a new constraint.

This is already implemented.  There's even a test for it, gcc.dg/asm-5.c,
though it only runs on alpha, since I couln't figure out how to make it
more generic and be sure of testing what I wanted.

If you have a case that doesn't work, file a bug report.  You didn't,
for instance, mention what target the attached test case was for.

r~