This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RegRegname vs. Explicit Local Register Variables ...
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Craig Newell <craign at ieee dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 14:31:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: RegRegname vs. Explicit Local Register Variables ...
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 10:05:47PM -0400, Craig Newell wrote:
> 1. Prevent regrename from renaming arguments to asm blocks just like
> it knows not to rename arguments to calls. This could be all
> arguments or just ones with a new constraint.
This is already implemented. There's even a test for it, gcc.dg/asm-5.c,
though it only runs on alpha, since I couln't figure out how to make it
more generic and be sure of testing what I wanted.
If you have a case that doesn't work, file a bug report. You didn't,
for instance, mention what target the attached test case was for.