This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc 3.1 installed on hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00
- From: Harri Pasanen <harri dot pasanen at trema dot com>
- To: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>, dave at hiauly2 dot hia dot nrc dot ca, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 11:17:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: gcc 3.1 installed on hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00
- References: <200205161737.KAA13804@atrus.synopsys.com>
Joe Buck wrote:
> I've successfully installed gcc 3.1 on hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00.
> Test results will follow.
I've taken a look at the test results through the build status page at:
There seem to be a number of failures in the test cases, but as I'm not very
familiar with the test suite I don't know how to interpret the results.
We've been trying to compile OmniORB4 with gcc 3.1 on hpux, and it seems
that g++ crashes on some files if -O2 optimization is used, but without
optimization it works.
My question is, would it be useful to distil the compiler optimizer crash to
a test case, or is a similar failure mode already visible from the gcc
testsuite results on HP? Note that this is specific to hpux; under Linux
and Solaris OmniORB4 compiles fine using gcc-3.1 with optimization.