This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: thomas joseph <thomascanny at yahoo dot co dot nz>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 20:40:13 +1200 (NZST)
- Subject: -moptions,
We are trying to port GCC to a new architecture.
Our machine works in two addressing modes.
1) BYTE addressing mode (BITS_PER_UNIT is 8)
2) Word addressing mode (BITS_PER_UNIT is 32.)
Now my question is can I have a single executable of
gcc , and can the user select for which mode he wants
to compile at compiling the application using
-mswitch ? Atleast it needs to know the size of char
at compile time. (cexp.c ? )
It looks like not possible ?
Any suggestions would be of great help ....
Thanks and Regards,
http://briefcase.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Briefcase
- Save your important files online for easy access!