Re: QMTest and the G++ testsuite

--On Thursday, May 23, 2002 09:15:54 PM -0500 Daniel Jacobowitz
<dmj+@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 06:52:29PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>> In the G++ testsuite port, I chose to implement one result per file,
>> because I considered each file a single test.  I could have considered
>> each file to have N tests, as DejaGNU does -- and it wouldn't be
>> particularly hard to do that.  I just didn't think it was worth it.
>
> This isn't the impression I got from your original message; I think it
> would go a substantial way to make up for the perceived losses of
> functionality.

I'm sorry; I was undoubtedly unclear.

QMTest has a notion of "test database".  The test database spews out
tests.  The tests might be stored one-per-file (as in my version of
the G++ testsuite), or they might be stored in a relational database
somewhere, or they might even be generated on the fly.