This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Build 3.1 Fails, if build dir is on not on source file system, due to hard link creation.
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: Mat Hounsell <mat_geek at yahoo dot com dot au>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 20:54:44 -0400
- Subject: Re: Build 3.1 Fails, if build dir is on not on source file system, due to hard link creation.
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 12:33:26PM +1000, Mat Hounsell wrote:
> PR: 6776
> LibSTDC++ will cause a GCC 3.1 build to fail if the build and source directory
> are on different file systems. This is because it tries to create a hard link
> from a header file to the build directory and doesn't gracefully handle the
And as Benjamin wrote in the response to PR 6776, this is from a standard
autoconf macro, AC_PROG_LN_S, which can be 'ln' or 'ln -s' or (depending
on whether we ever move to 2.50) 'cp'. If the autoconf macro is causing
problems, please report it to the autoconf maintainers.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater
than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek
not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you;
and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams