Re: real.c on unicosmk

> > #define ASM_OUTPUT_DOUBLE(FILE,VALUE)  \
> >   fprintf (FILE, "\tdouble %.20e\n", (VALUE))
> >
> > /* This is how to output an assembler line defining a `float' constant.
> > */
> >
> > #define ASM_OUTPUT_FLOAT(FILE,VALUE)  \
> >   fprintf (FILE, "\tfloat %.12e\n", (VALUE))
>
> I'd have to check the memory order question.  But in any case, what
> you've shown has gcc generating float numeric strings and the
> assembler sorts it out.

The problem that was created is that these ASM_OUTPUT_ macros
do not exist any more.  There is no longer any way to tell the compiler to
print the value that way to the assembler.

In addition to the targets previously pointed out, any tm.h file that
used to print memory values in a special way would need to be checked,
because there may well have been a good reason for doing it as it was
done.  The main reasons would be that the machine isn't really
IEEE or that the assembler has some bug that could not be worked around.