This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.2 PATCH: Fully support parallel gnat1/gnatbind builds
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: zack at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 23 May 02 17:28:59 EDT
- Subject: Re: 3.2 PATCH: Fully support parallel gnat1/gnatbind builds
Huh? I am talking about the patch to compile __gnat_raise_exception()
I don't remember that patch. But I would then recommend compiling *all*
of the Ada C files with $(ADAC).
I believe that __builtin_setjmp is the only place where version skew
between bootstrap compilers is a problem. More accurately, I cannot
think of any other issue that would not represent a major
incompatibility in the C ABI, and would therefore have been noticed in
Remember that the GNAT C and Ada code freely call each other and make
assumptions about how that will work that aren't part of the C ABI.
But if *all* the GNAT C code is compiled with the same compiler as the Ada
code, then the only issue is the calls from the GNAT front end to the middle
of GCC and there I agree with you.