This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.2 PATCH: Fully support parallel gnat1/gnatbind builds
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: fw at deneb dot enyo dot de
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 23 May 02 16:59:48 EDT
- Subject: Re: 3.2 PATCH: Fully support parallel gnat1/gnatbind builds
> We rely on things besides the C ABI: for example, we found that
> there's an incompatibility between builtin setjmp/longjmp in 2.8.1
> and 3.2 that caused problems.
Why is this dependency on builtin setjmp/longjmp desirable?
Because it's the simplest (and hence safest) way to implement EH. Depending
on any *other* EH mechanism to be the same between GCC version will be much