Recommended Optimization

Hello Everybody

I was wondering if it would be possible to create a section in the
documentation regarding recommended optimizations for platforms. ie Pentium 4
use:
-O2
-march=pentium4
-fpmath=sse2

Something like that, I would like to optimize my system but I am finding that
its a lot more difficult the expected. It would be nice to have to options
down the middle, not to optimized that you can't compile anything, but at the
same time if you have sse2 then sse2 optimization would be nice..

Thanks Ben