Re: SS 20020521 ostream.tcc breaks ostream output

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 04:56:14PM +0200, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> I said "for the time being" and "workaround", right?
>
> This implies that, depending on the opinion of Benjamin Kosnik, v3
> maintainer and author of the commit which changed the behaviour of such
> kind of code, part of the previous behaviour will be restored, that is
> the bad bit /not/ set in such situations.

   Yes, you did. Thank you for clarifying that. Modifying code to deal
with the switch to v3 changes from libg++ was a lot of work, done
silently here. Much of it was due to different handling of "empty"
lines. I was hoping that it would not need to be done again.