This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: real.c on unicosmk
- From: Stephen L Moshier <steve at moshier dot net>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>, Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>, Roman Lechtchinsky <rl at cs dot tu-berlin dot de>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 09:07:08 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: real.c on unicosmk
> We no longer trust any assembler. It is easier to emit all
> floating point values with their integer bit-wise representation.
For counterexample, the sun2 and sun3 assemblers do not accept
that for immediate double operands; you have to give them a decimal
string. There are other counterexamples also, but this
conversation is now making me too depressed to continue.