Re: 3.1 branch bootstrap fails on sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8

   From: Brad Lucier <lucier@math.purdue.edu>
   Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 23:03:45 -0500 (EST)

   > On May 22, 2002, Brad Lucier <lucier@math.purdue.edu> wrote:
   > Looks like the well-known configure failure caused by Solaris' broken
   > /bin/sh.  Are you sure you set CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/ksh from the
   > beginning for this build?

   No, I used /bin/sh (as I said at the top of the e-mail ;-).

   I just used bash for bootstraps from May 19 to May 23---how did this
   get to be a "well-known failure" in that time?  (And I read the mail lists,
   too; must have missed it ...)

I can't even count on my two hands how many times this has been
brought up just in the last two weeks.  It is undoubtedly "well
known".

I'm pretty sure the install documentation even talks about it.