This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.1 branch bootstrap fails on sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8
- From: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- To: aoliva at redhat dot com (Alexandre Oliva)
- Cc: lucier at math dot purdue dot edu (Brad Lucier), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 23:03:45 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: 3.1 branch bootstrap fails on sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8
> On May 22, 2002, Brad Lucier <email@example.com> wrote:
> > make: Entering directory `/export/u3/lucier/programs/gcc/gcc-3.1/objdir-sparcv9/sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8/sparcv7/libjava/libltdl'
> > make: *** No rule to make target `all'. Stop.
> Looks like the well-known configure failure caused by Solaris' broken
> /bin/sh. Are you sure you set CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/ksh from the
> beginning for this build?
No, I used /bin/sh (as I said at the top of the e-mail ;-).
I just used bash for bootstraps from May 19 to May 23---how did this
get to be a "well-known failure" in that time? (And I read the mail lists,
too; must have missed it ...)