Re: real.c on unicosmk

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 03:40:10PM -0700, Joe Buck wrote:
> > > In 3.2, REAL_ARITHMETIC is unconditionally on all the time.  It's
> > > amazing how much crap vanishes when there is only one supported method
> > > of doing floating-point calculations.
> >
> > What do you intend to do about these eleven other GCC ports, then?
> > They had not been fixed to use REAL_ARITHMETIC, and for some (like
> > convex) the fix might be difficult.
> >
> > 1750a a29k clipper convex d30v elxsi fr30 i860 ns32k pdp11 romp
>
> About half of these need to go away: for example, there is not a single
> elxsi machine in the world.

Of this list, only d30v fr30 ns32k pdp11 romp are still supported
targets.  None of these claim to use anything other than IEEE floating
point.  Where that is inaccurate, it needs to be fixed.

The others are on the deprecated list in 3.1.  I'll be sending a patch
in the next couple of days to remove all their remaining logic from
the mainline.

zw