This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: question about the rtx code
- From: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at superh dot com>
- To: per dot fransson dot 768 at student dot lu dot se
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 14:39:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: question about the rtx code
- Organization: SuperH UK Ltd.
> I've got a question about pseudoregisters in the rtx code. If a value is
> put in a pseudoregister just before a function call, is it still there
> after the call or does it have to be saved on the stack somehow (how?),
> i e does it get clobbered ? The reason I'm asking is that I'm trying to
It will be there if you use it after the call. The register allocator
will then arrange for the value to be put into a call-saved register,
so be saved around calls, or to be put into a stack slot.
2430 Aztec West / Almondsbury / BRISTOL / BS32 4AQ
T:+44 1454 462330