Re: SPARC code inefficiency

   From: Dan Nicolaescu <dann@godzilla.ICS.UCI.EDU>
   Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 00:13:23 -0700

   How about making -mtune=ultrasparc the default?
   (follow the PA example, PA8000 was  recently made the default :-)

That's something I might do, thanks for bringing it up.

   Also how about switching to (at least) v8 as the default instruction
   set? There's very few machines around that can't run v8 binaries.

This is something I'm much less likely to do.  It is better to do this
per-subtarget.

For example, the Sparc Solaris subtarget enables -mcpu=v8plus by
default.