This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc/gcc ChangeLog
- From: "David S. Miller" <davem at redhat dot com>
- To: rakdver at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: gcc-cvs at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 15:18:17 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: gcc/gcc ChangeLog
- References: <email@example.com>
Date: 21 May 2002 20:42:10 -0000
gcc : ChangeLog
Changelog entry for my commit.
Just saying "modified" for every file and function you changed
is not an acceptable way to document your changes in the ChangeLog
file. You need to say exactly what you changed.
You can look at other ChangeLog entries to see what it should
Or was there some special reason why your ChangeLog was so terse
When this happens, it is a big problem, because it will be more
difficult in the future to go back and figure out why you made
these changes and what they were supposed to accomplish.
Please fix these ChangeLog entries.