A simple and easy to fixe tech problem - Please Help

Hello-

I've been using the gcc compiler with OS X for several days for my computer science class.  I was thrilled to learn that I no longer needed CodeWarrior and Virtual PC.  Anyways, I've only ran into problems with defualt constructors.  I get an error messege saying that there are "Undefined symbols".  I've seen all kinds of explanations on the internet (believe me, I've looked) but none of them seem to make sense to me.  All I'm trying to do is initialize some private variables in a class through the use of a defualt constructor.  This sounds easy enough to fix with some extra syntax editing.  Could anyone help me?

Thank you for your time,

-David Giraud