Re: Using GCC 3.1 on SuSe 7.0 (GCC 2.95)

nandrats@mail.mdanderson.org writes:

> Hi there,
>
> I've waited long for this GCC release and am eager to give it a try. But I'm
> running SuSe 7.0 and all programms are compiled with GCC 2.95.xx.
>
> What do I have to do to be able to work with GCC on my machine (using mainly Qt
> und KDE libraries? What do I have to rebuild for use with GCC 3.1?

Just install a new GCC, perhaps not to /usr and keep the old libraries
around.  libstdc++ has a different version number and therefore both
version can be kept.

There's nothing you really need to rebuild.  But if you start to
rebuild staff, you have to be carefull.  For example, if you rebuild
KDE, you should rebuild everything - or install the new packages into
a separate directory.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger