Re: SSA-DCE broken on mainline

Daniel Egger wrote:

> Hija,
>
> Any sourcecode, even simple things like:
> extern void foo ();
>
> int main ()
> {
>   foo ();
> }
>
> fail to compile with latest sources on powerpc-linux-gnu
> with -fssa -fssa-dce with -O[12].
>
> test3.c: In function `main':
> test3.c:6: RTL flag check: INSN_DEAD_CODE_P used with unexpected rtx
> code `note' in mark_all_insn_unnecessary, at ssa-dce.c:445

Yes, I noticed, too.  It looks like SSA-DCE is marking a basic block as
dead code, but the RTL checking code doesn't like NOTE's being marked
dead.  I think the checking macro's should be more permissive, but I'm
not sure at all; maybe the loop marking that RTL dead should only mark
"real" insns.  Someone please look at this?

Cheers,

Segher