This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [3.1.1] Re: GCC performance regression - its memset!
- From: Jack Lloyd <lloyd at acm dot jhu dot edu>
- To: Glen Nakamura <glen at imodulo dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 13:21:44 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [3.1.1] Re: GCC performance regression - its memset!
- Organization: JHU ACM/CS/SRL
On Tue, 21 May 2002, Glen Nakamura wrote:
Ah, OK. My mistake (no optimizations used on mine). -J
> Actually, the failure occurs with gcc-3.1 on x86 when compiling with -O2.
> I would expect the following output from your example:
> 5A5A5A5A 5A5A5A5A
> 00000000 5A5A5A5A
> Only the first 4 bytes are set...
> - Glen Nakamura