Re: 3.1 and precompiled headers

> Once upon a time it was promised that precompiled headers will be available
> since 3.1 . I couldn't find anything relevant in changes.html. May I wonder
> about the current progress or this feature? (which, I guess may, speed-up C++
> recompilation by an order of magnitude)

I am quite sure no one promised you this. Or if they did, they should not
have. The only promises that count in a context like this are signed contracts.
Anything you read on this list is internal discussions among developers as
to what they would like to achieve!

As always, if you are interested in speeding up the appearence of a particular
new feature in gcc, consider contributing either tecnical work or $$$ to the
effort :-)