Re: 3.1 and precompiled headers

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 05:43:08AM -0400, Robert Dewar wrote:

>> May I wonder about the current progress or this feature? (which, I
>> guess may, speed-up C++ recompilation by an order of magnitude)
> I am quite sure no one promised you this.  The only promises that
> count in a context like this are signed contracts.
I understand this, after all, "you have all what you've paid for" :-).
I'm sorry if that was offensive.

> As always, if you are interested in speeding up the appearence of a
> particular new feature in gcc, consider contributing either tecnical
> work or $$$ to the effort :-)
Is there anything done in this area at all? I recall there WERE, but
ATM I cannot find any pointers to the resource. Just thought somebody
here knows about the thing.

--
The world is coming to an end ... SAVE YOUR BUFFERS!!!