This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.1 and precompiled headers
- From: Bohdan Vlasyuk <bohdan at bodq dot vstu dot edu dot ua>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 13:20:08 +0300
- Subject: Re: 3.1 and precompiled headers
- References: <20020521094308.91963F28CF@nile.gnat.com>
On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 05:43:08AM -0400, Robert Dewar wrote:
>> May I wonder about the current progress or this feature? (which, I
>> guess may, speed-up C++ recompilation by an order of magnitude)
> I am quite sure no one promised you this. The only promises that
> count in a context like this are signed contracts.
I understand this, after all, "you have all what you've paid for" :-).
I'm sorry if that was offensive.
> As always, if you are interested in speeding up the appearence of a
> particular new feature in gcc, consider contributing either tecnical
> work or $$$ to the effort :-)
Is there anything done in this area at all? I recall there WERE, but
ATM I cannot find any pointers to the resource. Just thought somebody
here knows about the thing.
The world is coming to an end ... SAVE YOUR BUFFERS!!!