This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: Hilfinger at cs dot berkeley dot edu, akim at epita dot fr
- Cc: dewar at gnat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, haberg at matematik dot su dot se,help-bison at gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 20:45:51 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
<<GNAT's real advantage, in fact, is not so much in good error RECOVERY,
as in good error DIAGNOSIS: its messages are MUCH better than the
usual GCC standard. Panic-mode error recovery is never going to give
Of course the two go hand in hand if you want to give more than *one*
"much better" error message, and a lot of effort also goes into ereror
recovery in GNAT.