This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [3.1.1] Re: GCC performance regression - its memset!
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Glen Nakamura <glen at imodulo dot com>
- Cc: <jakub at redhat dot com>, <jh at suse dot cz>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 15:54:01 -0600 (MDT)
- Subject: Re: [3.1.1] Re: GCC performance regression - its memset!
> FWIW, I think this really is a regression... The problem is really
> that memset doesn't properly set bytes at the tail of the buffer.
My apologies. You're right it really is a serious regression!
> How about this testcase?
The other possibility is to copy the memset-1.c and memset-2.c
tests from CVS mainline to the branch's gcc.c-torture/execute.
These "correctness" tests would also have uncovered the regression.