This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Successful build of gcc-3.1 under Cygwin for Win98SE
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at rainbow dot studorg dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 11:28:56 -0700
- Subject: Re: Successful build of gcc-3.1 under Cygwin for Win98SE
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 01:45:19PM +0200, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> I succesfully built and installed gcc 3.1 under Cygwin.
> The computer running Cygwin is an Athlon 1533MHz running Windows 98SE.
> To build the objc runtime library, I had to retry the bootstrap several
> times because of a 'resource temporarily not available' error while
> configuring libobjc. To retry, it's necessary to remove
> However, I cannot reproduce the error.
> $ ./config.guess
> $ gcc -v
> Reading specs from
> Configured with: ../gcc-3.1/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc31athlon
> --enable-threads --with-cpu=athlon
> Thread model: win32
> gcc version 3.1
> Languages: C, ObjC
> $ uname.exe -a
> CYGWIN_98-4.10 NILES 1.3.10(0.51/3/2) 2002-02-25 11:14 i686 unknown
Thanks! Your message is linked from the GCC 3.1 build status list at
> I installed dejagnu1.4, but wasn't able to run the testsuite:
> $ runtest -V
> WARNING: Couldn't find the global config file.
> Expect version is 5.26
> Tcl version is 8.0
> Framework version is 1.4.0
I hope someone familiar with DejaGNU on Cygwin can provide you with
information that will let you run the test suite.