Re: QMTest and the G++ testsuite

--On Monday, May 20, 2002 10:38:28 AM -0700 Janis Johnson
<janis187@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 12:18:18AM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>> I am about to check in a patch on the mainline to allow the use of
>> QMTest -- a free testing tool developed by CodeSourcery -- instead of
>> DejaGNU, to run the G++ regression test suite.  (For the patch, see
>> gcc-patches.)
>
> If it's possible to run the tests both ways, with the sum and log files
> coexisting, then people who currently do nightly bootstraps and testing
> could do "make qmtest-g++" after their other testing.

Yes, that works.

> You could modify contrib/test_summary to report the QMTest results
> along with the DejaGNU results.  Setting things up would require a bit
> of work, but then we'd have regular results in a common place to
> verify that the QMTest results are comparable to the DejaGNU results on
> a variety of targets.

That's a good idea.

The output formats are somewhat different, but I can see what I can
cobble together.

It will only work if people actually install QMTest and try it out --
and so far I haven't heard any reports that anyone has tried...

People with multiprocessors -- you're going to see big speedups if you
run QMTest in parallel relative to DejaGNU.  Give it a go!