Re: QMTest and the G++ testsuite

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 12:18:18AM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> I am about to check in a patch on the mainline to allow the use of
> QMTest -- a free testing tool developed by CodeSourcery -- instead of
> DejaGNU, to run the G++ regression test suite.  (For the patch, see
> gcc-patches.)

If it's possible to run the tests both ways, with the sum and log files
coexisting, then people who currently do nightly bootstraps and testing
could do "make qmtest-g++" after their other testing.  You could modify
contrib/test_summary to report the QMTest results along with the
DejaGNU results.  Setting things up would require a bit of work, but
then we'd have regular results in a common place to verify that the
QMTest results are comparable to the DejaGNU results on a variety of
targets.

Janis