This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Cc: jh at suse dot cz, Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 17:16:03 +0200
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
- References: <20020520151035.8D916F28CC@nile.gnat.com>
> <<Yes, that is alternative. Will it be considerably faster than the current
> FP emulation library doing the same?
> Oh yes, much faster, by a significant factor, which is all you need in this
Hmm, I still guess there are easier ways to cut of 1-1.5% (even with host FP
the function was taking about 1% of compilation time due to CFG traversal and I
doubt I can get faster. However I can try to do that after finals if this is
(BTW I am still having problems to see it in the -Q dumps. Curisously enoght
if I enable -fprofile-arcs, I get the branch probabilities printed, but not
On what machine do you do the measurements?