Re: gcc compile-time performance

<<Native floating point code is problem, unfortunately since for i386 you get
different results in optimized and non-optimized builds breaking bootstrap.
Fixed point code is problem, as we are interested in comparisons relative
to the highest fequency in the program.  This may be the entry block for
tree-structured function, but it may be the internal loop and at high loop
nests there is more than 2^30 differences between these two we can affort
in integral arithmetics.

Why not just use 64-bit scaled integer arithmetic, sounds like it would
work fine in this case, and it will be a lot faster than emulated fpt