Re: gcc compile-time performance

>>>>> "Neil" == Neil Booth <neil@daikokuya.demon.co.uk> writes:

Neil> I think a big killer for GCC is the combination of
Neil> overly-complex bison parsers (necessary to keep state for
Neil> various wacky things we want to do; it's much easier to keep
Neil> state for these things with a recursive descent parser)

The Bison expects to be able to answer to that challenge in the
forthcoming months.  Yet, because of recent changes, we found other
problems in the C++ parser.  We are just setting ourselves up (signing
disclaimers etc.), and we will soon (try to) address some of these issues.