Re: gcc compile-time (multibyte issue)

><<It would be nice to be error tolerant in comments, though. I think most
>use of non-ASCII text in source code is in comments, and the compiler
>doesn't care either way.
>>>

>You are not allowed to be tolerant in an Ada compiler.

Fine, but you are allowed to be tolerant in a C compiler, and it's going
to be expected in some cases.

>Ada programs are typically written in Latin-1, and that is the default
>character set for most programs.

Ada programs are typically written in Latin-1? GNAT and GtkAda are both
written in ASCII. It's such a pain to type Latin-1 from a US keyboard that
almost any American Ada programmer who isn't really an English teacher
use ASCII.