This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Gcc compiler
- From: Tim Prince <tprince at computer dot org>
- To: Nick Gauthier <nickg653 at yahoo dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 15:37:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: Gcc compiler
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tprince at computer dot org
On Sunday 19 May 2002 15:22, Nick Gauthier wrote:
> I am just getting into C++, and I was wondering if I
> could get a copy of the GCC compiler. I am not stupid,
> i checked the site. To my dismay, the only versions
> were for far superior Linux users. I am not at that
> enlightened stage yet, and am still struggling with
> *gasp* windows ME. I was wonder if GCC came in a
> version I can use in windows. If you make one, can you
> send me the URL please?
> Thank you for your time
> Nick G
Last time I looked, gcc.gnu.org, in the section about where to find pre-built
versions, had links to the cygwin and mingw distributions. They should be
found easily by web searches as well. Not that it wouldn't be worth your
effort to upgrade to a more recent Windows or to linux.