Re: gcc compile-time performance

>>Does anybody actually uses stateful encodings for writing programs?

As far as we have been able to determine, the only encodings in actual
use are those that GNAT implements (with the exception of UTF-8 - we
don't know of anyone using that but we felt some push to do this since it is
"standard" :-)

(the ESC hex encoding was copied from Aonix, I don't know if anyone uses it)
(the brackets encoding is at least used in the ACATS tests - I introduced
it as the standard transmission encoding for these tests, and it made
sense to just go ahead and implement it).