This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 15:27:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
- References: <20020519135831.DF8EEF28CC@nile.gnat.com>
Robert Dewar wrote:-
> But with all the escaped representations that I am familiar with a dot
> looks like a dot, so looking at the next character in the source buffer
> to see if it is a dot is easily done.
We're supposed to be writing generic, portable code, so I don't think
embedding such knowledge is a good idea. What about my point about
losing state information?